Friday, October 26, 2018

Post 8/Reading 8

My progress this week was going a different route in the theme of fashion. I was inspired by Optical illusion art and fashion combined. I used an old photo of a friend back home and created my own designs within the proximity of her clothes. My goal is to have the model blend in with the background, but also be designed differently just enough to tell them apart. The content behind the piece stems from never "fitting in" with those around me and trying so hard to blend in with my surroundings. And even though no matter how hard I try, there's always something off or out of place with trying to do so. Sometimes I think that's how fashion is sometimes. I plan to involve color and other patterns to continue this series.



-------------------------------


My inspiration came from the fashion designs of Emilio Pucci and how they act as works of art, as well. The modern and op art aspects of it urged me to push my contrast in my artwork this week and I found it to be a lot of fun to make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment