Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tape Shoe

the sole

paper shoe attempt


process of making the sole





As an artist, I have always bit off more than I could chew with assignments. At the beginning, I believed that we only had replicate one of the shoes, so I picked the most detailed shoe, a basketball shoe, I could find because I was excited for this project. After a journey of sleepless nights and running out of tape, I can say that I have successfully made a shoe out of tape. Most of my tape went to stuffing the inside of the shoe for support of the tongue of the should and to the bottom of the sole. The sole of the shoes was the hardest part due to all the detail it had. Another difficult task was making the eyelet hole for the laces. The tape was so thick that I broke my hole-punchers and I had to cut the hole by hand; which was very time-consuming. In the end, I'm pleased with the to-scale shoes that I've made.



No comments:

Post a Comment