Thursday, December 13, 2018

Transformation Drawing

Transformation Drawing


Transformation #1:

Relief, art graf blocks on paper, 42" x 36"







Transformation #2

Pollock, ink, art graf blocks, and charcoal on paper, 42" x 36"




  • Transformation #3 (not pictured, but presented in class)


  • Transformation #4 (Not pictured, but presented in class)





 Transformation #5

American Christmas, wooden stubs, acrylic paint, watercolor, ink, spray paint, &hot glue, 42" x 36"











Transformation #6
Untitled, Paper beads made from layers of each transformation, various sizes












Research:



https://www.firemountaingems.com/resources/videos/a244
Different shapes you can make and how to cut the paper to do so.




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_rubbing
Stone Rubbing



http://www.alaintruong.com/archives/2013/05/13/27148575.html
Jackson Pollock




Artist Statement:

          For this project, I decided to not plan anything ahead and just make random marks and use any supplies that are available to me. By letting go of the planning aspect of this project, I felt as if I had more freedom and that I could experiment more. Using a lot of different mediums such as ink, charcoal, graphite, acrylic, spray paint, & gesso, I created 6 different transformations that explore the experimental side of my brain. The first transformation I experimented with stone rubbing. For the second transformation I experimented with splattering paint. The third transformation I experimented with rearranging and cutting shapes. The forth transformation I experimented with texture. For the fifth transformation I experimented with turning 2-D into 3-D. And for the final transformation I experimented with applicability and crafting.  Each transformation has given me the freedom to try some techniques and materials that I've been curious about, and therefore I call this project a learning experience. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment