Thursday, December 13, 2018

Multiple Panel

Multiple Panel 


Forgotten, ink, found objects, cardstock & yarn, 17 in. x 17 in.









Inspiration


Alan Burch

Lost Letters, Xu Bing, 1997






X-ray of misc items (influenced me to print ghostly images/prints)







Artist Statement

                  I thought of this assignment when I was watching a cooking show and the term "forgotten foods" was used. It means the part of food that ends up getting thrown away and not used nor eaten. The cook used the forgotten vegetable in his dish in order to be creative and highlight the beauty of the whole food. I took that idea and created this work, but instead of using food I used trash; the forgotten and unused part of everyday objects. I dug throw my roommate's and I's trash and picked out objects at random and used them to print with. I was also inspired by the look of X-rays and how the image looks ghostly and sometimes faint. Using that style, I printed ghostly images sporadically on cardstock. Next, I rearranged the 12 panels into a square and the used yarn to make a grid design. This grid design is created to guide the viewer's eyes around the piece and to create a visual map. The concept behind this artwork was to highlight the beauty in all things. 











No comments:

Post a Comment