Friday, September 21, 2018

Post 3/Reading 3


My progress this week was collaging the individual diamond-shaped pieces onto my figure to create the crown and torso. This was difficult because of the fact that I did not make enough collage pieces and ended up having to make more, which slowed down the process and took even longer to complete. Also, at the last minute, I decided that I wanted a pop of gold on the red pieces and hand-painted each one of them before I attached them onto the artwork. This in turn also slowed down my progress even further. As a final touch, I stippled-on a shadow surrounding the garment-like collage to give it more of the illusion that the woman was wearing the piece.


Detail

Final


My inspiration had not changed and, as stated previously, was inspired by Erik Jones' abstract and Niky Roehreke's collage and fashion.


----------------------------------------------------------


In response to chapter 3, I can honestly say that I  relate to this almost too much. The chapter touches on the top of fear and how it can drive or hinder our decision making in art. I know that when I initially start a new project, I am always considering my audience and the fear of how they perceive my work is constantly there. This fear can lead me to create certain typer of work and styles to cater to my audience and to impress them. I have a habit of not doing solely what I want to do, rather I am influenced by what others like a lot. I have gotten better at this throughout time, but that fear always lingers. The fear of acceptance among the audience (and even yourself as an artist) is a tough obstacle to overcome. 























No comments:

Post a Comment